Monday, December 22, 2008

Having Our Cake and Eating It Too

So I have been woefully remiss with the blogging, but I think that is just the way it is going to be for a few months. Eric managed to dodge the bad weather and make it here and back safely for the weekend. (Seriously folks, is it just me or is it kind of crazy to have this much nasty winter weather in December?) On Saturday morning we had our final pre-marital counseling session with my/our pastor, Andy. Just one more meeting to finalize the ceremony details is left. I really enjoyed the pre-marital counseling... I feel like we have strong and healthy relationship, but are both committed to nurturing it and growing it, especially with the help of God.

That afternoon we went to a cake tasting, and now we have a "cake lady" for the wedding. Yippee... the cake was delicious and Marissa was a lot of fun to work with. Thanks to Amy from my small group for recommending her. We don't have the final cake details worked out, but we have a general idea. After cake we stopped off for a couple of beers before heading out to Assembly Hall to catch the Illini game. It is slightly weird for me to be a spectator instead of working, but I got used to it, and enjoyed hanging out with Eric.

After the game we grabbed a bite to eat with Nikki and her parents, Debbie and Jerry aka Captain Map, and it was lots of fun to catch up with them. Eric headed back home early Sunday evening with clear roads until the last few miles.

Please pray for continued travel blessing as I will be hitting the road tomorrow to St. Louis for the Illini basketball game vs. Mizzou, the up to the QC on Wednesday for Christmas with the Noyd's and then back to CU/GC for Christmas with the Tjardes' on Friday/Saturday.

I hope everyone has a happy, safe and joyous Christmas, and enjoys special time with family and friends as we celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ.

No comments: