Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Toast to Champaign

Hi everyone. I have been a total blog slacker, but I have been super busy what with getting ready to move, buying a house, try to get organized to list a house for sale, planning a wedding, Christmas shopping, oh and trying to see my fiance who live 3 hours away for another five weeks anyway.

So our department at work moved at the end of October/beginning of November from downtown Urbana to downtown Champaign. For the most part I love Champaign, with three possible exceptions 1) not seeing the sun as we are in the lower level, and 2) my office is right next to the employee break room (which is usually a plus) but not when the lunch crowd cranks up the volume to 50 on the TV (for reference I think 25 is plenty loud) and 3) Judy (my bank Mom for lack of a better term) is still in Urbana

But I like to dwell on the positive so here are the reasons I enjoy our new office:

10. At this location they have the liquid non-dairy creamer for our coffee... vanilla even... not plain powder for me!

9. My desk is just off the break room.... except for the loud TV upon occasion this totally rocks... quick and easy access to the creamer in #10

8. The biometric access (when it works, and it has been lately) is so very Jack Bauer meets Star Trek... I put my finger on the reader it scans my finger print and voila... door unlocks.

7. My cube is next to Josh's cube... thus more opportunities to use my "Friends" lingo and refer to him as "Josh-U-A" like Rachel Green did back in the day.

6. Harold the maintenance guy in the Champaign building is totally setting me up with lots of boxes for moving.

5. I have only forgotten and started to drive to Urbana for work once.

4. I am closer to the mall/shopping and basically everything else in town for more productive lunch hour errand running

3. I now takes me less than 10 minutes to get to work

2. Improvement walking distance lunch options... although I rarely take advantage of this.

1. With the shorter commute I can come home for lunch and manage to watch a 1 hour TV program I have DVR'd each and get back to work in exactly one hour.

P.S. In a random wedding update, there are now four pregnant couples on our guest list that are expecting the first baby in the month of April.

No comments: