Sunday, November 30, 2008

Giving Thanks

I had a great Thanksgiving weekend at Eric's, allow it was shortened a bit by the weather forecast. I headed northwest Wednesday after work, and Eric helped me make deviled eggs for Thanksgiving. We spent Thursday with his family at Travis and Steff's house. Lots of good food including scalloped oysters. Kind of funny, I thought my family was the only one that ate those... but they are a Noyd staple as well. I guess that is just one more reason Eric and I are well suited for one another. Alec and Katie proved to be entertaining as always, and I got a couple of hours in cuddling with the one month old baby Travis and Steff are fostering. She was just so sweet and precious. Of course no Noyd gathering would be complete without me beating Travis at a game... I reigned supreme at Brew-opoly.

On Friday Eric and I lazed around during the day, but did manage to get lots of various wedding things done like ordering engagement pictures, updating our page on theknot.com, and go over some of the DJ song list.
Friday night we ventured out and Eric took me to the QC Flames hockey game at the I-Wireless Center. It was lots of fun. Eric is a pretty big hockey fan, and the more games I go to/watch the more I enjoy it too. I am still learning some of the finer points of the game, but Eric is a good teacher. The Flames won 6-4 so it was quite a high scoring affair, with a few good fights thrown in for good measure. We plan to try to get to a few more games later this season after I move up. We both really enjoy them.

I fixed us dinner on Saturday night, and we woke up to a surprise snowfall on Sunday. We went to church and then headed back home for lunch. After checking the forecast for Sunday evening we decided it would be best if I headed home early so I could drive in daylight and get home before the next round of snow hit. I took advantage of the extra time at home and packed up a few more boxes. Speaking of boxes with the upcoming move I have developed the biggest box obsession. The folks at work have been hooking me up though... especially the maintenance man, Harold. I asked him to be on the look out and he sent me home with 15+ boxes the other day. So many I took some up to Eric so he can start packing for his move in February.

So that was Thanksgiving in a nutshell, but I will leave you with the short-list of things I am thankful for. #1 A loving God, who is good and gives me Grace, #2 Eric! He loves me like no other, truly understands me, takes care of me, and always makes me laugh and smile, #3 Friends and family who make everything brighter, #4 A country that gives me many freedoms and opportunities that most people in this world don't have, #5 DVR's. Okay so #5 is a little shallow, but come on folks you have to admit that technology is remarkable and life changing. I hope everyone had a happy and safe Thanksgiving.

No comments: