Monday, November 10, 2008

Birthdays, Registering and Packing... Oh My!

Okay, so first off I was at Eric's this weekend and didn't get a chance to blog on Saturday about two my favorite birthday boys. Happy Belated Birthday to Jeremiah and Nate.

Jeremiah is my "other boyfriend" as Eric and I like to refer to him. He turned two and I am good friends with his parents, John & Marla. I can't believe he is 2 already... he is growing up so fast. Jeremiah and I enjoy talking about the Illini and the Cardinals. We have had a few short visits at the Illini football games this fall, and he cracks me up with his "touchdown signals". He has become quite the talker these days... please check out his blog for all sorts of cute photos and stories. Happy Birthday Jeremiah!!!

Nate is one of my Assembly Hall buddies, technically my boss (kind of weird but whatever) and exactly 20 years older than Jeremiah. Coincidentally Nate and I also enjoy discussing the Illini and Cardinals but he is little bit easier to understand. I can't believe Nate is 22... he is growing up so fast. It seems just like yesterday I bought him a beer when he was under age to celebrate the Cards winning the 2006 World Series... never even crossed my mind that he was under age at the time... ooopps!! Happy Birthday Nate!

On Saturday Eric and I hit a couple of retail establishments and got the wedding registry underway. It was exhausting, but lots of fun too. In case you care, yes we did register for storage tubs for the big basement at the new house. We spent lots of time together this weekend and it was nice. We bought a new game (Brew-opoly, Monopoly for beer lovers) and played it several times. We both realized that we REALLY enjoy each others company. Yes, we both know that "lovey dovey" stuff will fade but we are enjoying while we can, but it was just so great to have it reinforced that the person you are about to commit the rest of your life to really is someone you simply adore talking to about countless topics, hanging out with and being silly with. On the flip side though that made for another one of our "Sunday Evening Sucks!" moments when I had to head for home. Neither one of us likes saying good-bye but this one was more difficult than normal, but we did figure out that we only have about 10 more "Sucky Sundays" before I move and then we will get to see each other nearly everyday.... woo hoo!!!! That also means I have about 10 weeks to pack up everything I own too... Yikes!

2 comments:

MJ said...

Oh I remember those Sunday feelings. I used to call it "Sunday night Syndrome" but I like your name better! Hang in there! You'll appreciate being close that much more by knowing what it was like to be apart.

Thanks for mentioning Jeremiah in your blog. We'll have to be sure to get some time on the calendar to hang out before you pack up and move north. : (

Jano Fabulous said...

Thanks for the encouragement, several of our used to be long-distance couples before they got married friends have been super supportive. I have a feeling that once we live in the same house Sunday evenings will be our special, keep the schedule clear, hang out together time.