Monday, November 3, 2008

Home Sweet Home

So Eric and I started house hunting a couple of weeks ago, first just driving around on our own and then a week ago Saturday we worked with a realtor and looked at 12 houses in five hours! There was a standout, so we went back and looked at it again on Sunday. Last week we got our financing ducks in a row and we made an offer on Saturday... and after several rounds of negotiations we reached an agreement. Yippee!!! Provided inspections etc. go as planned we will close January 2nd, and I will move up a few weeks later in the middle of January. I don't look forward to packing and moving, but I have over two months to work at it and I think my garbage man will be getting quite a work out.

So the house... we both really love it. Some might think it is a little big for two people, but we hope to do a fair amount of entertaining. Plus I will be working from home, so one bedroom will be my office. The house is just north and west of Geneseo in a somewhat wooded subdivision that sits up on a hill. Winter driving could be challenging at times but the CRV has 4-wheel drive and Eric will only have a 10 minute commute to work, and I will just have to walk across the hall to get to work.

Here are a few pictures. We are really excited to be buying a house together, and we hope to welcome all of the loyal readers for a visit!

A view of the back of the house from the road below... the screened in porch is one of our favorite features. If you continue up the road, turn left and then turn left again you will be on the court where the front of the house is.

The front of the house... could use some landscaping touches to make it more welcoming.
One view of the kitchen... it is so much bigger than my current kitchen... I am so excited to put it to good use!
This is only a portion of the huge storage room in the basement... woo hoo lots of room for our stuff. I am thinking we may register for storage bins for the wedding... is that wrong?
So that is the latest. Hopefully I will be a little more faithful blogging, but until May... don't count on it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should totally register for storage bins. You need them right?!!? It couldn't be any worse then Bill and I registering for dog stuff. :)

Anonymous said...

PS - The house looks great and so big!!

Abe and Allison said...

Congratulations! What are your plans for your current home?

Jano Fabulous said...

As for my house, it will be put up for sale. It needs a little attention, so it likely won't hit the market until after I move out and we have a couple of weekends to get out the paintbrushes, so it should be ready to sell in time for the spring market. Selling it would be a most awesome wedding gift, so prayers for a March/April sale would very much be appreciated.

Sarah said...

gotta love home ownership ;-)

Congrats