Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Birthday Bash!

Hi Everyone- All is well in Geneseo. Still getting used to everything, but so far so good.


Saturday we went over the Travis and Steff's to celebrate Katie's 8th birthday. It was lots of fun with lots of good food, and it was great to only have to drive about 25 minutes after a family celebration as opposed to 3 hours. Here are some pictures of the lovely Miss Kate... sporting a temporary shark tatoo on her forehead, and being ever so lady-like with the worms in her nose. Travis is also striking a pose with one of Katie's gifts. (Okay, so you will have to wait on pics... blogger is not letting me download them... I will try later)


February brought some other family birthdays. Katie shares a birthday with my brother-in-law and fellow beer drinker, Larry. My nephew, Jeremy, celebrates on Valentines day, followed by his mom, Jayne, the next day. I have to brag on Jeremy... he was a great help on move-in day.


Still working on getting settled and making some connections. I am going to my women's bible study again tomorrow and looking forward to it. I also have been going to Curves and enjoy visiting with the women there.


I have been living without TV since I moved. We are having Eric's Direct TV moved next week, and have viewed a few games when we were at his apartment packing. I thought I would just die without it but I don't really miss it all that much. In fact Eric hooked up an antenna to my TV last night so I get the network stations now, but honestly haven't turned it on since last night. I am sure I will watch some tomorrow night when Eric is at a meeting. I am hoping that having gotten used to not having TV I will not watch it as much. It helps having Eric around because we often find something else to do, being it unpacking or we even broke out the Backgammon game the other night. I had not played in many years, but it was lots of fun.


I have been busy trying to work on some wedding stuff too. Invites went out Friday, and RSVP's are starting to arrive. I am glad I have lots of stuff already in place but there will no doubt be several trips to C-U the month before to wrap up some last minute details. It is a great relief to have the invites out.


Well that is all for now. I will probably hit the hay by 10 p.m. Getting up and working by 6:30 these days has moved up my bedtime lately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Birthday Greetings......We RSVP for
the big day. We hope
all your plans are going well,
just give us a call if you need
some help with any details and such!

Take Care
Jayne