Sunday, February 22, 2009

A final move

Hello all. So I haven't blogged in forever but really there hasn't been all that much to blog about. Yesterday we borrowed the free REMax Realty truck and with the help of Eric's Dad and Dave Roome we move the furniture from Eric's apartment to our house. Eric and I have spent the past month packing and moving the rest of his stuff one carload at a time, so only the furniture was left. The weather was only semi-cooperative as we had several inches of snow the night before and Saturday brought heaving winds that made for somewhat crappy travel, but it was a short drive and we didn't have much to move.

Earlier in the weed my parents came to visit. My Mom and I went shopping for her dress for the wedding and we had success. My parents are the the market for a new refrigerator so they checked out ours... I think my Mom measured it and pondered inside to re-evaluate the storage capacity about 20 times. We also had the Direct TV moved from Eric's apartment. So between having his furniture here and real TV to watch the house is slowing starting to take shape. It is kind of funny how well the random "left over" furniture actually looks kind of nice together in the family room with our bargain brown leather couch we got at JC Penney's for a steal. Also, we put Eric's single sleeper sofa in the office and it looks great. The room was a little sparse with just the desk and the sofa (which is the size of a small love seat or over sized chair) so the sofa really warms up the place. Not that I really will be logging much sofa time in there while I am working, but it pulls out to a remarkably comfortable twin size bed and will serve as an extra bedroom for guests.

Today Eric and went to church and Sunday school, and the had lunch and did a little shopping afterwards. I realized that in less that in six weeks we will be on a cruise and my wardrobe wasn't really ready. We have had a lazy evening at home since... doing a little unpacking (one day we might be done), laundry, I worked on my Bible Study homework, and watched a little TV.

The wedding RSVP's are starting to arrive... and that is exciting. So far it looks like lots of our family and friends will be able to join us. There are still tons of little details to finish up but we are starting to get excited. With each RSVP I get excited about seeing so and so, although I realize that it isn't like we will have tons of time to visit with everyone for very long. My new game is to try and guess who is replying by the post mark. We are meeting with the DJ next weekend so we are thinking about music, and the whole dancing and party aspect of the reception. Woo Hoo!

Well that's about it, a rather boring blog. Hope all is well, and that spring comes soon!

No comments: