Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Tralec!!

Today is a two for one birthday blog. Today's birthday boys include Eric's brother Travis, and Travis' son, Alec. Hence the "Tralec" in the post title. Not quite "Bennifer" or "Brangelina", but you get the idea. One of my favorite things about Eric is his family... they are pretty terrific and have really made me feel welcome.

Travis is turning 36 today, and as far as brothers go I think Eric would have to say... he's got it pretty good. I seems to be my calling in life to somehow through absolutely no skill of my own to somehow beat Travis in nearly every game we play. It has become the family joke, and I think Travis and I both relish the attention. I must say that over the past year Travis and I are developing a bit of a brother/sister relationship... we love to give each other lots of crap, but when it comes down to it... we would pretty much doing anything for the other. Travis is a firefighter and paramedic and I admire his service to the public but it something that I really hope we don't have to call on at the wedding as four couples on the guest list are due with their first babies in April :)

Travis is a great Dad, which segways into talking about the other birthday boy, Alec. Where do I start with Mr. Alec. He is still just a tiny bit shy around me but I can tell he is starting to warm up, and one thing I am looking forward to about moving is getting the hang with Alec a bit more. He really is a good boy, but he is ridiculously cute and given the opportunity he can flash that grin of his and wiggle his way out things. Alec is 5 and into superheroes and such... the first time I met him he was wearing a cape... gotta love that kind of adventurous spirit and wild imagination.

Happy Birthday boys... sorry to be missing your party... I am guessing the cake will consumed in just a few... save me a piece.


No comments: