Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Our House...


... is a very very fine house!!!

Eric and I closed on our house on Friday, with smooth sailing. We celebrated with a nice dinner Friday night at "The Cellar" in Geneseo our new hometown, but Saturday we got to work after giving Eric's parents a tour of the place. Saturday and Sunday we worked our buts off and got the guest bedroom and my office for work painted... no more Pink! We are not reallyy all that skilled in painting, but we managed to do a pretty okay job and stay engaged!

I am moving up a week from this coming Saturday, and things are in pretty good order. Hopefully the refrigerator and stove will come in soon, and can be installed that Monday after I move in.
Here are some pictures of a cute little message Eric left me in paint, and then him looking completely sick of painting.
P.S. I am at home on my lunch hour... I enjoy the short commute to Champaign vs. Urbana... but alas time to return and get back at it. Stay tuned for a double birthday blog later today.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jane and Eric on your new house. The Cellar restaurant is a fine place to celebrate.Phil and I had our first real dinner date there 28 years ago Can't wait to see your new home. :)
Congrats again.....The other Jayne

Sarah said...

Amazing! Congrats! I hope to see lots more house pictures on the blog as things get moving