Monday, June 30, 2008

20 Years, 20 Beers

Friday night was my 20th high school class reunion. We had a pretty good turn out at Jupiter's Pizza & Billiards, and I think everyone had a pretty good time. I think after 20 years everybody realizes that high school wasn't as awesome or as horrible as we all might have thought at the time. I think my classmates and I have finally had enough life experiences to realize just how blessed we were to attend Gibson City High School... no metal detectors or bomb threats.

Here are a couple of photos. One is a group photo that includes a banker, a fighter jet pilot, a state's attorney, a meeting planner, a technology company founder, a couple of radiology techs, a respiratory therapist, a teacher, a brick layer, an education program director, financial analyst, wrestling coach, a waitress, a stay at home mom.. just to name a few.

Eric snapped this picture of me regaling my classmate, Mike (he is the state's attorney) with some fascinating story. I did this a lot in senior year study hall too... regaling Mike with stories... and unfortunately he got moved to the other side of the room. There is also picture of me with Dianna and Susan. We think Eric did a great job with this photo, I don't think we look like we are at a 20th reunion... the 10th tops! Dianna was a cheerleader with me, but we resisted the urge to break out the pom poms.


Okay, so you are probably wonder what the 20 beers reference is about... no, I did not have 20 beers at the reunion. I refers to my World Beer Tour at Chicago. A couple of weeks ago I reached 10, and collected my WBT playing cards. On Saturday Eric and I started a mini-tour of international beers, when I get through that I will get a mini-tour t-shirt and be at 20 total beers. The mini-tour means we will be stopping by Old Chicago pretty much every night of the holiday weekend coming up for a beer or two... but sharing a brew with my sweetie is one my most favorite things to do. Plus, I am bound and determined to get a t-shirt!

No comments: