Monday, June 30, 2008

Friends & Formal Wear

After my reunion on Friday, Eric and I headed Peoria on Saturday evening. We attended a formal dinner/award ceremony for Scottish Rite. Eric wore his tuxedo, and I was happy to have an excuse to buy a fancy dress. I didn't get out my camera, but I have to say that we looked good... we clean up well. Eric looked especially handsome in his tuxedo.

We stayed at his place in the QC on Saturday night because on Sunday after church we headed to Geneseo to see my good friend Jenn, and her girls, Sidney and Abby. There were visiting her brother and his family, and since they were so close we made it a point to go see them.

So Jenn and the girls are living in Omaha, while John has already reported for duty at his new post in Colorado Springs. Jenn and the girls will join him as soon as their house in Omaha sells. In the meantime John has been staying with a variety of their friends out in the Springs... including the family of Brittany... who used to babysit for Sidney and Abby. Well Jenn told us that being separated is hard on everyone, and that the other day Abby told a random stranger, "My Daddy left me and now he lives with the babysitter!" Thankfully they were on base so the stranger was military so he understood after a quick explanation by Jenn. You know if you were not aware of their situation you might think they need to make an appearance on Jerry Springer.

It was great to catch up with Jenn and the girls and the rest of the Roome family. I hope all my loyal blog readers will keep John and Jenn in their prayers that their house sells soon and that this separation is a short one.

No comments: