Sunday, December 9, 2007

Do You Have An Elephant In Yours?

So I am back in C-U and tuckered out from the weekend in Chicago visiting Nathan, and going to the Illini game at the United Center. So, the much anticipated bathroom story from our evening of pizza and beer drinking at Piece Friday night. So we all made a trip to the restroom before leaving Piece... we had several drinks and it was very cold outside. Anyway, as we were in the ladies room I hear Nik ask from the next stall... "Do you have an elephant in yours?"... what are you talking about, well Nikki shows me the artwork adorning the hook on the door, this cute little elephant.

Bathroom graffiti I can endorse. So we wanted to show Nathan, but draggin him into the ladies room not really appropriate, so I got out my camera, and then got a few looks from the women coming into the bathroom as I was packing up my camera. Needless to say giggles ensued, and then Nathan was wondering what was up when we caught up with him at the front door, doublin over in laughter.


So the game at the United Center didn't really go so well, the Illini lost, but the CTA bus we took was filled with rather entertaining Illini fans... a regular party bus... and we were sitting about 10 rows below Michael Jordan at the UC. I seriously would have thought he would have better seats at the UC, his statue is out front and it is referred to as "The house that Michael built", but he was far from center court, slightly beyond one of the baskets. Actually, beside the fact they were not in a box, our seats were actually better than Michael's. Nathan's buddy Scott joined us at the game and he quickly gained points by thinking that Nik and I were still in college since we were from Champaign, and I don't think he had been drinking. Later Scott said to me "Oh, so you are the one who leaves all the comments on Nate's blog." To which Nik said "Yep, this is the Jano Fabulous."
After the game we took the bus downtown to check out the lights and do a little shopping. Nathan completely outshopped us girls, another reason we like him so much. We stopped at Starbucks for a warm beverage, Nik got a tall, Nathan a grande, and I was in serious need of caffeine so I opted for a venti. The put them on the counter at the same time, and I commented that it was like baby, mama, and papa bear. Later when shopping Nik thought I said something and I said no she heard the two guys coming out of the store we were passing instead. Nathan said "Wow, what does that say about your voice, Nik mistook men's voices for you!" I simply replied in a very gravely voice, "Well I am Papa Bear!"

After running away from the ridiculous waits at Cheesecake Factory and Weber Grill, we went to dinner at Rock Bottom Brewery. We had to wait there as well, and were all getting very droopy, tired and cranky but perked up a lot when we got to sit down and eat. The food was great, and the company even better. We headed back to the Blue line after dinner, and went back to Nathan's. It had been a long day, and we had done a fair amount of walking so we got comfy, and settled in front of the TV for a bit before we all pretty much crashed. Sunday we got up, grabbed a quick lunch, and then Nathan drove us to the train station.

It was such a good weekend, and we all had a great time. We decided that we really need to visit more often and plan to go back up to see Wicked, go to Wrigley, and take the Architecture cruise on the river. I am thinking it will take several trips.

On the way home Nik and I were talking about how we had such a good time just hanging out, and not really doing all that much. I said that is a sign of good friends... you don't have to entertain each other with activities, you just entertain each other with fellowship.

So that was my weekend. A good time, and a nice getaway.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That sounds like a story worthy of the love toilet in the women's bathroom at the Illini Inn!