Saturday, December 8, 2007

Piece Out!


Live from Chicago, its Saturday morning! Nik and I parked the car at the University Park Metra station, and arrived downtown at about 5 p.m. last night. We met Nathan a block up the street and then the three of us headed to Nathan's to drop off our bags. Nathan's condo is very nice, and is just a short walk from the Logan Square El stop on the Blue Line.

Last night Nathan took us to Piece, a couple of El stops away, for dinner. We had some great pizza, and Nathan and I had several great beers. They brew their own beer at Piece, and darn it was good. I started out with their seasonal beer "Festivus"... it was porter/stoutish with cloves etc. It was oh so tasty, and I liken it to beer version of the Gingerbread latte at Starbucks. My next beer was one of the best I have ever had "Dark & Curvy" a great German dark wheat beer aka dunkel hefeweisen. Nathan had the "Worryin' Ale" and some other beer I can't recall at the time. It was great to try some new beers with Nathan, and there is a bathroom story from Piece that I will share later... it is pretty funny.

We headed back to Nathan's after pizza and beer and just hung out for a couple of hours. We were talking about various C-U tv broadcasters and sports directors etc. when out of the blue Nathan asked "Have you seen Hilary Duff lately? Do you know if she got a boob job?" Completely random and so completely Nathan... Lordy I have missed that boy! :) After a brief internet search Nathan found the picture of Hilary that lead to said question... yep, I am thinking she did.

Okay, off to the United Center for the game. Go Illini

No comments: