Thursday, December 13, 2007

Happy Birthday to my Favorite Domer... D^2

So today is another birthday blog. I don't know if any of my readers enjoy the birthday blogs, but I sure do. So today is Don Dahl's birthday. Happy Birthday D^2 (that's D Squared)

Don was one of my Busey Bank co-workers for about 4 years... he was there for most of the Chris Phillips and Lindsey years. Working with Don truly was a joy. I have never met anyone so positive, and just wonderful to be around. If Don was having a bad day you never knew it... I can't say the same for myself... many times when I am having a bad day the world knows because I sure to tell them. The ability to not complain, is one the things I admire most about Don, that and his faith. I don't think that it is any small coincidence that after working with Don for four years I made a point to find a church and a faith community. For that I will never be able to repay Don.

Don is also one of the funniest and fun people I know. He doesn't realize he is this funny and fun, that is why he is so funny and fun. Don lived in a house with six or seven other guys, their house was known as "The Dome". Several of his house mates took to writing funny things on Don's lunch bag (he packed his lunch the night before, and the wrote on it after he went to bed). They wrote things like "Don Juan DeMarco Dahl"... or my personal favorite "Hi Jane!". Keep in mind that at this point I had not met any of them, although later Roach and Frank and became my buds, and I would often write back to them via post-it notes sent home with Don.

Don was my absolute favorite participant in Secret Santa at the office. We don't do Secret Santa anymore, and actually I am relieved... it just isn't the same without Don and Linds. Christmas in the office was great with Don because he would anxiously await for the Christmas music that was piped in to play "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" by the Jackson 5... he totally rocked out to that song... I miss that.

Don just got married last Saturday. I was in Chicago so I missed the wedding. I am sure it was beautiful. I haven't met Mrs. Don yet, but I can't wait. I am sure she is rather fabulous, and I don't doubt that she realizes how lucky she is to have caught D^2.

Anyway, Happy Birthday Don Dahl. Don't tell Roach and Frank but you will ALWAYS be my favorite Domer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jano fans,

For the record, I give most of the credit for my professional prowess in commercial lending to Jane Tjardes - as I have said for years, "she has taught me everything I know" - and that even has drifted into non-professional arenas (I recall Jane teaching me how cotton wrinkles and polyester doesn't!!). Miss the old times Jano and am encouraged they are mutually missed!

-D^2