Monday, December 24, 2007

The ULTIMATE Birthday Blog


So I guess technically this blog is a day early, but if ever there was a birthday "bloggee" to celebrate for a day plus… you can't really go wrong with Jesus, right?

Happy Birthday Jesus! The Messiah, our Lord & Savior, King of Kings, the Prince of Peace.

Jesus and I go way back, but we have definitely gotten reacquainted the last four or five years, which has been really exciting. Unlike many of my birthday bloggees, I didn't meet Jesus working at the Assembly Hall or Busey Bank, but he often shows up both places. I really try to take Jesus with me everywhere. Sometimes I am more successful than others, and a lot of times when I forget to bring Him along with me, He has a tendency to show up anyway… I like that.

God sent Jesus to me (and to you too) to rescue me from my sin… of which there is plenty (for instance see yesterday's blog, I am fairly certain that responding to "M-I-Z" with "B-C-S" is not so "love thy neighbor"... sorry Allison Sit). God sent him to mankind in the most humble of ways, a tiny baby, born a barn. I am a farm girl, and we raised livestock so I have spent a lot of time in a barn... some good times, some bad. Okay so I wasn't born in a barn, and I really don't have much of a point here I guess other than a "shout out" to all the other "barn kids" out there besides me and Jesus.

So Merry Christmas everyone. If you are traveling either near or far, stay safe. Be kind and generous of heart to those you spend the holidays with… be it friends, family, strangers or yourself. I wish you all a very merry and blessed Christmas, with joy in your hearts as you celebrate the birthday of Jesus Christ and the Lord's gift of salvation to us all!

Happy Birthday Jesus!

No comments: