Monday, April 28, 2008

Busch With My Baby

Sorry for the total lack of blogging lately... just haven't had a chance to sit down and chat.

Last Friday Eric came down, and then on Saturday we headed to STL for some baseball games. Saturday we stopped in Carlinville and picked up my sister, Jan, and nephew, Lane, and they joined us for the game. Jan and Lane are good baseball companions... they know there ball. You can tell Lane helps the high school baseball team because he yells/cheers for the Cards just like the Cavaliers. He once told one of the baserunners, "Legs!" when he wanted them to beat a throw. I picked up some sweet seats at work. Saturday we stayed at Jan and Larry's house, and then Sunday my parents came down and Eric and I took them to the game on Sunday. On Sunday we sat in the new Champions Club... I got half-price tickets as a result of a promotion they had at Cards Caravan. The Champions Club was pretty sweet as it included a nice buffet for the hour before and hour after first pitch, and full bar service beginning 90 minutes before the game and running the entire game. We were very glad that we got there early that way were were sure to score a table. We had reserved seats outside that were right up from third base. I really hope I can get half price tickets again because I don't think my Dad will go to the game any other way again. I knew he would enjoy the buffet, but he had one beer then quickly switched to margaritas... who knew he was such a tequila fan? The buffet had a few ballpark favorites but included other tasty treats as well... Caesar salad, pasta, green beans, roast pork and jambalaya and some fabulous cookies and brownies. Oh, and in case you weren't sure... Eric confirmed that cookies and beer do in fact go together.

All in all it was a great weekend. It was great to go to some games with Eric. We both really enjoy the game. He kept score on Saturday and I did on Sunday. It was also great to spend some time with my family, something I don't very often take the time to do. It was good to get plenty of time to just "visit".

Unfortunately the Cardinals lost both games :( Eric was even wearing his lucky floppy hat, so I am not sure what is up with that. You can probably tell that we lost from the picture... Eric just wasn't quite ready to smile when they were taken right after the game... ahh he takes his baseball seriously... yet another reason I love him! :)

No comments: