Monday, April 28, 2008

Name that Brew

So when Eric and I were at Jan and Larry's we got to see the bar they are building in their basement. Larry is installing a keg refrigerator for the beer he brews. They are incorporating an Illini/Chief theme. On Friday when Eric and I were enjoying dinner and a few beers at Blue Cat Brew Pub in Rock Island, we came with a name for their bar and brewery. We are thinking they need to name the bar "Orange & Brew Pub". Eric came up with the name... I think is is pretty good. As for the brewery we are leaning towards "The Drunken Pfeiff"... a play on their last name Pfeiffer and "drum & fife".

Later we got to talking about what we would name our brewery... still working on that... but Eric came up with an awesome beer name. He is an Eagle Scout, we enjoy stout, hence one of our beer selections will definitely be "Eagle Stout". I am a little jealous that I couldn't come up with a good beer name that somehow incorporates "Jano Fabulous".

So anybody out there have any good ideas for what I can call my beer... or what you would call your brewery/pub if you had one.

No comments: