Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Day Late, But Worth the Wait

So I have a couple of birthday blogs... actually their birthdays were yesterday, October 3rd, but well... time got away from me.

Happy Birthday John & Steff!

John Thomas is my friend Jenn's husband. Although we met via Jenn I would like to think that we would friends anyway. We enjoy the Illini, good beer and good coffee... what else to we need...oh yah... Jenn! John says that when he retires from the military he is going to be a spiritual advisor to rap artists, and change his name to White Mocha. How can you not love someone who has a brain that works like that.

John has had a couple of tough months. He Mom passed away recently, and he is living away from Jenn and the girls. He was transferred to Colorado Springs and Jenn and the girls are still in Omaha until their house sells. So... keep the prayers coming their way folks... I am sure they are appreciated.

Steff, is my future sister-in-law. She is married to Eric's brother, Travis. I am excited to get know her better when she and Travis come visit for the weekend for the Iowa football game. I already know I like her, when I had to use the restroom at the fire station when we were there for the memorial service, she guarded the door because it really wasn't designed as a public restroom. It reminded me of grade school when our bathroom stalls didn't have doors and your friends would say "I will be your door". Steff is a great mother to my future niece and nephew, Katie and Alec, and put on a yummy Father's Day spread at their house.

Happy Birthday John and Steff... albeit a little late. Hope you both had great days!

No comments: