Monday, October 20, 2008

DW, The Preacher, That Weird Guy from Florida, The Happy Couple and Darn It I Love The Guy in the Funny Blue Hat!

Hang on everyone, I have lots of random things to blog about.

Friday night I went to the Chicago Bulls vs. Utah Jazz game at the Assembly Hall. I was supposed to go with my three nephews but Eric Pfeiffer (now referred to by his last name as not to be confused with my Eric, Eric Noyd) has to cancel because it was senior night for his golf team, so my Dad filled in.
I was great to see Deron Williams... former Illini and Olympic gold medalist. He is big time now... as you can see in this picture, he has his own stretcher now. Lane was totally geeked out to see DWill and even wore one of his retro DWill Illini shirts, oh how we miss #5. He was yelling and cheering for him all night.

Jeremy and I were very entertained by all of the non-basketball stuff as well. We are now huge Benny the Bull fans, especially when he was sporting his Illini shirt.

A pleasant surprise was getting to see The Preacher, former Illini Roger Powell play for the Bulls and he actually scored six points. I think it was perhaps even more exciting than seeing DWill because we all knew Deron would do well in the NBA but who knew we would get to see the Preacher... you have to admire that kind of perseverance.

Another Bulls player is Joakim Noah, or as Lane referred to him before the game when we were talking about the teams that were playing... "That Weird Guy from Florida". I don't really have much against the guy... he plays hard, but I have to agree he is kind of weird... the goggles and the fuzzy hair don't help much either.

Saturday I headed to the QC to see Eric. I had gotten a voicemail from Nathan and called him on the drive up. He had some very exciting news... he and Stacey are engaged!!!! Yippeee!!!! I am so happy for them. Nathan and Stacey started dating about the same time that Eric and I did, and it just took me back to a conversation Nathan and I had one afternoon last winter about how we thought that we had each thought we had found "the one" and that we thought is was just so crazy that it happened at the same time and that we didn't know who to be happier for... ourself or the other one.

Saturday night I went to a Scottish Rite banquet with Eric. He was awarded the Moline Cross award for service to their organization. FYI, Scottish Rite is a Masonic organization... kind of like the Shriners is a Masonic organization but without the funny little cars that they drive in parades. Eric did get a cute little blue hat that he gets to wear. I am really proud of all of the service work he does. He takes care of everyone else just as well as he takes care of me.

In other random news...Kudos to Busey Bank. They are going to let me work from home, which is awesome. First, I like my job. Second, I have 12+ years in there and just really wasn't looking forward to starting over somewhere. Third, now Eric and I can start looking for a house now and I can move up and get settled before the wedding. Fourth, with moving and planning a wedding I just don't think I had it in me to search for a job as well. And finally... I will get to work in my pajamas!!!!!

3 comments:

anne said...

I never realized what your new last name will be. It flows so perfectly and wonderfully with Jane. I love it because it can kind of be one word.

Abe and Allison said...

I heart Benny, too. He's more entertaining than you would think.

I, too, didn't realize what your new last name would be. At least you went to something shorter -- like me! :)

That's so cool that you can work from home. That takes so much pressure off in this economy. I'm so glad you don't have that hanging over your head.

Anonymous said...

The QC??? Is that like the OC on Fox? That is such a trendy way to refer to Rock Island, Moline, Bettendorf and Davenport. I am unworthy of such coolness...:)