Monday, March 31, 2008

Nothing runs like a Deere, Nothing tastes as good as a beer



I spent this past weekend at Eric's in the Quad Cities. It was great to spend time together... this is two weekends in a row we have seen each other... it is almost like we are dating! Friday night we went to Old Chicago for some pizza and I added a few more stops on my Beer Tour. Eric helped me out and when I went to the restroom he asked the waiter to put his beers on my Beer Tour. So, I now have 6 of the 110 covered... although to be completely honest I only consumed four.

Saturday we lazed around a bit in the morning and then headed to downtown Moline. We stopped by the Isabel Bloom studio store. I actually have one Isabel Bloom (ironically it is the same one Eric has... a little basket of four leaf clovers), and picked out a few more that I may add to my collection. In case you want to know, here is the link to the Isabel Bloom website. http://www.ibloom.com/



After a little window shopping, we headed across the street to John Deere Commons. I am a total farm girl, so climbing on and looking at tractors and combines really is my thing. We worked up a bit an appetite by then so we stopped in at Bent River Brewery for lunch. I had an awesome burger and fries, Eric had a pork tenderloin... and we both had the Uncommon Stout (Eric's recommendation... he knows me so well) The stout was REALLY good, and I have already requested we go back sometime soon.


After a nap on Saturday afternoon we went to Cambridge to spend some time with Eric's parents, Mike and Linda. Eric's brother, Travis and nephew, Alec were also there. I managed to "one up" Travis at cards... yet again. I don't think Travis liked it much, but everyone else seemed to get a lot of amusement out of it.



Sunday we went to church and later camped out at Eric's parents house again unexpectedly. Plumbing issues at Eric's apartment... not so much fun, but we made the best of the situation. I am headed back to QC this weekend. I am starting to get used to the drive... it really isn't that bad... not to mention that time with my Sweet E totally makes it worthwhile.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sweet E - that is absolutely ADOREABLE