Monday, May 12, 2008

Cars & Birthday Cake: A successful trip to Peoria

On Saturday I headed to Peoria. Before I met Eric at his friends Scott and Tara's I met my brother-in-law, Larry and my nephews who were passing through on their way to Muscatine for the day to see Larry's Mom. They wanted to inspect my car because they were looking at buying it for my nephew Eric since his ride had recently blown up. Good thing it passed inspection and they decided to buy it, because after I parted ways with them I headed to the Honda dealership. They made me a better deal on a CR-V than the local dealership so I walked out about 75 minutes later the proud owner of new car. I have the keys and the owners manual but won't actually pick it up until Thursday. My Mom is dropping me off, and then I will head to Eric's for a long weekend. Anywho... in case you care, this what my new ride looks like.

After buying a car I head to Scott & Tara's to catch up with Eric. We spent the day with the Barkers. Heading to Old Chicago for lunch, and I added one more beer on my World Beer Tour. We listened to the Cards game on the radio that afternoon, and then grilled burgers on the grill for dinner... the first grilling of the season... the burgers were really tasty.
After dinner I was surprised with an early birthday cake. Scott's birthday is two days before mine, so Eric and Tara surprised us with an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. I was delicious. It had chocolate cake with cookie dough/chocolate chip ice cream and had chocolate kisses on top. It was a really fun surprise, I even got to blow out a candle.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Any time someone hooks you up with cake is a good time!

Abe and Allison said...

I, too, had a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake over the weekend. We had already eaten cake at a bakery, but Abe's dad insisted we get ice cream cake, too. Yummy!