Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Kudos: How Am I Doin'

Well I have a special "Kudos" for the blog today, and fittingly enough they go out to my buddy, Nathan, who received the first ever "Kudos" nearly a year ago. I received a card in the mail today from Nathan, but upon opening the card realized that my early birthday greetings were not actually from Nathan, but instead country recording artist, and one of my favorites, Dierks Bentley! Yep, my birthday card was inscribed with these words "Happy Birthday, Jane! God Bless, Dierks Bentley" Kind of exciting! At least it was for me.

To explain a bit, Nathan is in the Dierks Fan Club (and here folks make fun of Nik and I for being in Joe Nichols fan club) and is actually an Executive Producer of Dierks' most recent greatest hits album... an opportunity Dierks gave to about 3,000 of his fans... they got to pick the album art and the live tracks to include. Anywho, Nathan got to meet Dierks this past Monday and catch a special Executive Producer concert. On his way out the door to the meet-n-greet and concert he grabbed the birthday card he had picked up for me that weekend so he could drop it in the mail... but then he got the BRILLIANT idea to have Dierks sign it for me instead. It was such a special little surprise.

I showed the card to Nik and she was impressed. She has been going to watch the filming of the movie "The Informant" about the ADM Price Fixing scandal that they have been shooting in Decatur the past several weeks when she has had a chance. The movie stars Matt Damon and Scott Bakula (aka Quantum Leap guy)... I told her if she really wanted to out do Nathan then I think Matt or Scott need to sign my birthday card! :)

The Dierks card also lead to Eric making the comment (after I told him about the card etc.) "I think Nathan may be sweet on you"... which just made me giggle a little bit and reply, "Well maybe, but not the way you are thinking." When I told this to Nathan later (I had called to thank him for the card, and he personally requested "Kudos"... go figure) he laughed about Eric's comment and said "Wait until he meets me... then he will quickly realize I am not that sweet!" :)

Anyway, Kudos Nathan! BTW, you did an excellent job executive producing Dierks' album.

No comments: