Monday, February 18, 2008

Bravo Eric

Saturday I headed up to the Quad Cities to spend the weekend with Eric, and see him perform in a play, "Light Up the Sky", for Richmond Hill Players. The theater itself was just really cool, as it is in the round and located in they hayloft of a converted dairy barn. I grew up on farm, and although we raised beef cattle not dairy... I feel completely at home in barn! I saw two performances, Saturday night and the Sunday matinee. Both were great, but I caught so much more of the humor the second time around. Eric was great, and it was lots of fun to see the actor in him.
Eric's family came to the Sunday show, and we all went out for dinner afterwards. It was lots of fun to meet them. They are all Cardinal fans and Illini fans so it wasn't too hard to fit in. After dinner we went to Travis and Steph's house (Eric's brother and sister-in-law) and we played a little Euchre. Never in my life have I ever gotten such good cards... I am a mediocre player at best, and I could not lose even if tried. Eric and I totally kicked their booties... poor Travis was pretty much speechless as I just laid down trump or an ace every time he thought they were going to make a move. I am thinking Eric and Travis must still have a little bit of a competitive sibling rivalry of sorts going on because Eric alluded to the fact that if going to two play peformances didn't give me "fabulous girlfriend" status already... I pretty much sealed the deal after leaving Travis in a cloud of dust at the card table :) I was quick to let Eric know not to get used to it, that I really was blessed with incredible cards that night, and am certainly no card shark.

Eric and I also celebrated Valentine's Day over the weekend. He gave me THE cutest, sweeetest and laugh-out-loud funny gift. To preface the gift, you have to know that Eric and I were having a conversation a few weeks ago and he mentioned something about referring to me as his girlfriend, and asked me if I minded the "title"... to which I replied, "Well, does it come with a crown and sash?", because well if I was going to have a title I wanted one with a little bling. So for Valentine's Day Eric gave me a custom screen printed green satin sash with "Eric's Girlfriend" in silver lettering on it, along with a rhinestone tiara/crown. It was just the best gift ever... totally the kind of gift I would pick out. I think Eric definitely "out-fabuloused" Jano Fabulous.

I headed for home this morning, when Eric left for work... poor Eric no banking and/or government holidays for him. I did make a slight detour and stopped in Geneseo to have breakfast with Dave Roome and family. Dave is an old family friend, my friend Jenn's (of Jenn, John, Sidney and Abby) older brother. Today's kudos definitely go to Dave's wife, Janice, for making waffles for this morning! Yummy! My favorite.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What a couple of cuties. I'm so glad y'all had a fun time this weekend. Eric definitely gets the Southern Belle stamp of approval. It sounds like you two kooky kids just get one another :c)

Abe and Allison said...

Wow -- What a valentine's gift! :)Good going, Eric! Thanks for posting pictures, too! You two are too cute!