Friday, February 29, 2008

Tennis Anyone?


Earlier tonight I went to the Illini Men's Tennis match vs. Michigan State. I really enjoy Illini tennis, even though I am a bit of a tennis dummy. It was a very good match. The Illini won the doubles point, and many of the singles matches were close and exciting, so the Illini's 6-1 win is not indicative of how close and exciting it really was. My friend Lindsey and I were sitting upstairs near Court 3, and it was quite the match. The player for MSU was a total jerk, he questioned a bunch of calls and at one time even stormed over to the official and just started to go off on her... so much for Spartan sportsmanship... Tom Izzo would be so ashamed. This kid, John Allare, was a total tool. Sadly he besmerched the good name of John's everywhere... John Todd, John Thomas and John Marquardt you guys should so kick him out of the club. John Allare has red hair and Linds likened him to Tom Coverdale, Indiana Hoosier guard from a few years back that was a bit of tool himself... it was a fitting comparison.. definitely another "Opie on crack" as Nik, Karen and I fondly referred to Mr. Coverdale. Fortunately Mr. Allare's unsportsmanlike behaviour was not rewarded and my new hero, Illini Sophomore, Billy Heiser (pictured above) so completely came roaring back from big deficits in each set to beat Mr. Pissy Britiches aka Richard Cranium 7-6, 7-6.... now that is karma don't you think? KUDOS Billy Heiser... you totally rock.
Besides the awesome tennis, it was great to hang with Linds a little bit. I have missed her since she left Busey and went back to school. She has finished school and is back home while she looks for a job so hopefully I can take advantage of her close proximity for awhile and hang out with her more.

Sorry it has been over a week since my last post. Not sure how that happened, I guess I just got busy doing nothing. I have been training two "new hires" at work the past two weeks, and I guess it has me tuckered out. Training is going really well and I think we have two really solid additions to the team, but being "On" most of the work day does take its toll. Saturday I am meeting Eric in Peoria and I am definitely looking forward to spending a little time with my sweetie! We head to Jupiter, Florida for Spring Training in a week. Woo Hoo!... baseball and an escape from this dreadful Illinois winter.... double bonus! Stay tuned for daily spring training blogs.

No comments: