Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Honest Abe and Crazy Angie: A Birthday Blog

So this blog is a day late, just pretend it is February 12th okay? I have been wicked sick the past few days... so my apoligies for the tardiness of the post.

Happy Birthday Abe Lincoln. Being a native of the Land of Lincoln, I have a particular fondness for Abe. But beyond that I don't really have all that much to say.

I also need to say Happy Birthday to Angie Murbarger. Ang is Nik's younger sister and she just turned 21... watch out. It is hard not to end up laughing your booty off when you spend time with Angie. She is just a whole big ball of fun, and isn't shy about much, that is for sure.

One of my favorite Angie stories is when she was tailgating with us this fall. He friends who were 21 came along and were enjoying some beers. Ang and Nik's Dad, Captain Map was along as well so Angie piled on the charm and asked Jerry, "Daddy, can I have a beer?" The answer was no, but fear not Angie next tailgate you won't have to ask. It was just priceless moment.

Angie is going with us to Spring Training in less than a month. We are driving and I am counting on Ang to provide hours and hours of roadtrip entertainment. I am also counting on her good luck at just being in the right place at the right time. Last summer she was at Al Hrabosky's bar after a Cards game and just happened to be invited to come up to the private room where she hung out with Al, Brendan Ryan, Juan Encarnacion and Miguel Cabrerra. I am just a tiny bit jealous of that.

Well I probably could write lots more about Ang, but I have to save my energy for a few more birthday blogs this week. Happy Birthday Angie... I would buy you a beer for your birthday, but now that you can buy I wouldn't want to deny you the pleasure of buying me one.

No comments: