Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Linda R. Smith

Today is Linda's birthday, she is one of the administrative assistants at work. The title of the post refers to the fact that there are two Linda Smith's at Busey. The other Linda, "Linda J" works on the first floor. My Linda is awesome... she always is there to listen to me no matter what, especially now that there are no longer any girls/women in my department. She has gotten me through many a drama, and I enjoy listening to hers as well. Linda loves my cake, and so does her family, especially her daughter, Kate. If I ever bake a cake for something I always box up the leftovers and take them to work for the Smith family. It is one of my favorite things to do. I like to do silly things that make Linda laugh. Today for instance... for once I wore a dress to work, and of course it didn't have pockets. I needed to take some "feminine supplies" with me to the bathroom... oh no! no pockets!... taking my purse was too obvious... what to do?...stick said supplies down the front of my dress and tuck in my bra for safe transport. I went over and told Linda how I solved my dilemma... she laughed out load. It was fabulous.

Tonight Linda is celebrating her birthday at the local ball park, watching her son or daughter or both play baseball. I told her it was her birthday and she needed to really celebrate... go for it girl, put the cheese salt/powder on her ball park popcorn tonight!

Happy Birthday Linda!!!

No comments: