Sunday, October 21, 2007

Hail to the Victors... Cesspool of the North

Just a quick update on my weekend. I went to East Bay camp near Lake Bloomington overnight Friday and for the first part of Saturday for Quest's small group leaders retreat. It was lots of fun, the camp was full of fall color and I did some of the God thing too. Saturday after lunch I headed home for a quick shower, laundry and minimal unpacking before Nik came over, along with our pal from the Hall, Allison Hocker and Allison's fiance, Bill. We had never met Bill before, he meets my approval. We all went to the Illini vs. Michigan game on Saturday night, after stopping at the Busey tailgate for some free food and drink.

What can I say about the Illini... ah the penalties and mistakes just killed us. It was so frustrating even the straight-laced grandmas types sitting near us were using "inappropriate language". There were a couple of middle-aged drunk fans sitting next to Nik. One would high-five Nikki all the time, even before high-fiving his buddies. The other seemed rather fond of giving Nik "knuckles". This guy was a little lit, when the Michigan fans behind us were singing "Hail to the Victors" he did change the last line of the song to "Hail, Hail, Michigan- cesspool of the North". It was kind of funny. Despite the loss the fly over at night was super cool, the jet fumes lit up the night sky. Also, the camera suspended on wires that comes in over the top of the quarter back was way cool too. For the first part of the game we could only see two of the four wires it was suspended on so we kept saying "how are they doing this" for the first quarter plus.

Richard came over for dinner tonight. My meatloaf was sub-par, as were the potatoes. Not bad, but not my best work. Richard didn't complain, I like that about him. I did totally rock the apple cake though... so it wasn't 3 strikes :)

No comments: