Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Perfect Duetto


So besides pandora.com, one of my favorites things is my Starbucks/Visa Duetto card. It is a Chase Visa card, but I earn Starbucks rewards that are loaded to the same card which essentially acts as a Starbucks gift card as well. I earn 1% of all of my Visa card purchases in Starbucks coffee. Unlike most credit card reward programs I can actually earn something I will use/enjoy in a relatively short period of time, as opposed to waiting 5 years to earn an airline ticket or something like that. Plus using the Starbucks rewards means I feel less guilty about my Starbucks addiction because I am not really using my disposable income for said habit.

Besides sharing the joy of the Duetto card with my blog reading public it is now my mission to share with all of the Starbucks employees out there about it as well so that when I want them to use my Starbucks card for my transaction they do it right and don't charge it to my Visa. Slowly I am explaining this to all of my Starbucks servers. This morning I had a lovely conversation with Ryan. I pulled up the window and said "Okay, please run this as a Starbucks card, I know it looks like a Visa card and it is, but it is a Starbucks card too... you have to trust me on this Ryan, it will work." Much to Ryan's amazement it did work, and I explained briefly about the joys and benefits of the Duetto card. We definitely shared a moment, he offered me a sample of their new coffee cake... my nonfat, sugarfree hazelnut latte taste extra special this morning. Kudos for trusting me Ryan!

No comments: