Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Rose Blows!: Taking one for the team

Okay, so Nikki and I were all set to travel to Chatsworth to join our friends John, Marla and Jeremiah at Krista & Trevor's house for a Rose Bowl viewing party. I even had J Lemon (Lehman) bars to take, along with some buffalo chicken dip. Well if we were ever cursing not going into serious debt to go to Pasadena ourselves, we were cursing even louder when we hit a slick spot on Rt. 115 as there was a wicked gust of wind and we slid, Nikki had pretty much turned us out of the slide when we hit another slick spot, and hit the guard rail (in the words of Rose Parade Grand Marshall , Emeril LaGasse)..."BAM!" We pulled into a drive just a bit down the road and checked out the car, and luckily it was basically just a very big scratch, and still driveable. Needless to say we decided it would be best to turn around and head back home. We are now safe and sound, and cheering our guts out.

Todays Kudos go to Nikki, for keeping us on the road and being a good sport. Checky her out viewing the damage, still sporting the rose behind her ear. Go Illini!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane, I'm so bummed we didn't get to partake in any J Lemon bars yesterday, but I'm very glad you made it home in one piece! I looked for some paint spots on the gaurd rails along 115 this morning on my way to work, but couldn't pick out the one you hit! Thanks for trying to come to Chatsworth, but thank God no one got hurt!

Krista

Sarah said...

Only you would make J Lemon Bars!

Sorry that Nik had the spot of trouble. In retrospect it seems like an omen of what was to come later in the afternoon

Abe and Allison said...

I love your creativity, Jano! That totally made me smile. :)

I'm so sorry about your car, Nik! I'm glad that you two didn't get hurt.