Saturday, January 5, 2008

"So What's It Like to Have Your Team Win the World Series?"


Today is another birthday blog... yippee! Happy Birthday Bob Schlehuber! Bob is one of my co-workers at the Hall (I know there are lots of Hall birthday blogs, but we have a staff of over 150, and y'all know I am a friendly person so it can't be helped)

Bob, is actually my boss these days which is just kind of scary. He is the student head usher for the spring semester, taking Nate's place while he studies abroad in Verona, Italy. Bob is a Cub fan and likes to give Nik and I lots of crap about the Cardinals. The title of this post... one of my favorite Bob moments... he got all serious and such and actually asked me that question. My response equally serious was "Well Bob, I have seen it twice in my lifetime, and I have to tell you it is sweet, very sweet, it is as special moment I will never forget!" It was funny Bob actually got a little misty I think.

One of the craziest things about Bob is that he is pretty much Nathan's twin, and that very much creeps me out. They look a lot a like, not dead ringers, but certainly have similar looks in the bearded/scruffy, dark curly hair sort of way. The looks thing I could handle but sometimes how Bob acts and what he says is so "Nathan" it is just down right spooky. Bob and Nathan know about each other, and Nik and I want them to meet but they are both hesitant to do so, they both just kind of like the idea of having a twin out there, but don't really want to "meet themselves"... if I could meet me I would so be all over it... seriously it would be me, and am fabulous, so why wouldn't I want to meet someone fabulous.

Anyway, Bob is just lots of fun to work with. He actually paid Nik and I a big compliment awhile back. When we were working Hairspray Nik and I did an amazing job finding just enough disabled seating for everyone, we didn't panic, read each others minds and helped one another out. Bob said, "I am so glad the two of you are working, this has been crazy and no offense to the rest of our supervisor staff but they couldn't have handled it, and I would have to do it, so yeah, Thanks!"

When it was Nate's birthday and Nik brought him a birthday card, Bob got all silly jealous and was like "You didn't bring me a card on my birthday, blah, blah, blah..." Nik's response was "Bob, if I knew when your birthday was I would be happy to get you a card!". Needless to say Bob was quick to let her know the date, she shared it with me, thus today's blog. Happy now Bob? Far be it from me to play favorites.

I invited Bob over for lasagna and to watch the OSU football game (I had been talking to him about how I like to cook for people and he responded with a "You can cook for me! I like to eat.") , but he couldn't make it because he was working the Cirque show... I still owe him dinner... maybe I should try to take care of that sometime, perhaps it could be a belated birthday celebration or something of the sort... maybe I will make a cake... maybe, no promises on that one Bob.

Anyway, Happy Birthday Bob Schlehuber!

Editors Note: I don't have a picture of Bob to put with this post, so I went with the next best thing... a picture of me with Bob's twin, Nathan. I am sure Bob can appreciate the humor in that. :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

My first thought was: dang, Bob REALLY does look like Nathan!!!