Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Winner Is...


Yesterday I went to the Cardinals Caravan stop in Champaigin with my Mom. I took the afternoon off so we could go check out the Caravan at 12:30, then go to lunch, and do a little shopping. It was great to spend some time with my Mom, and the Cardinals. For those of you who care the Cardinals on our Caravan included Josh Kinney, Ryan Ludwick, PJ Walters, and Colby Rasmus, Jay Randolph, Rick Horton, Tom Lawless and Kenny Reitz. It was great to get in baseball mode again, it took my mind off of the ridiculously cold weather we are having.

Mom and I sat with a couple from church, Chuck and Donna (Allison's parents) at the Caravan. After the question and answer session it was time to draw the raffle prizes and were were all anxiously awaiting a big win, especially when they were giving away free tix, but alas no winners in our group. My Mom made the funniest comment ever though... they announced that the next raffle prize would be an autographed photo of Cardinal manager, Tony LaRussa. The guy at the microphone started to say "And the winner is..." when my Mom piped up and said "... Scott Rolen!" For those of you not in the know this is incredibly funny because Scott Rolen is the Cardinals former third baseman that was recently traded to the Blue Jays largely because he has been having an ongoing feud with Tony LaRussa for the past year+. This comment was just plain funny in its own right, but add the fact that it came from my Mom and well it is just 10x funnier.

Tomorrow Nik and are going to go to the Caravan in Bloomington as it involves a different group of players. Actually Nik and I just got home from seeing the movie "27 Dresses" which was pretty good... what if every bride made all of her friends wear the bridesmaid dresses that they made her buy and wear that their weddings to her wedding... interesting, huh?

No comments: