Wednesday, January 30, 2008

sarah j a b d

So my buddy Sarah J came to town yesterday, she had to take her qualifying exam for her Civil Engineering PhD from UIUC today, so she was up from Mississippi. She braved the nasty weather last night and came with me to Small Group. She passed her oral exam today... yippee... do now she is officially ABD (All But Dissertation... just has to write the really big paper and the PhD is hers :)), and that is exciting. I just got home from Murphy's Pub, I had joined Sarah J, Nikki, and Sarah's fellow engineering buddies in celebrating Sarah J's big accomplishment.

Anyway, congratulations Sarah J, ABD... I am very proud of you! You get todays Kudos!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thanks Jano!
It was great to see you, even if it wasn't for very long. Now I just need a little motivation and a lot of free time to get that pesky dissertation done.

hope you are warm and away from the snow - luckily I made it out on time and avoided it.

It is good to be back home - my girls missed me!

Sarah