Monday, November 26, 2007

Good Fortune

I went to dinner tonight at Thara Thai with Larimer (he is one of my college buddies for those of you who may not be in the know). We decided to commisserate about the boys who have recently dumped us. We were both told by our respective exes... "You are so wonderful, you are such a great catch, it's not you it's me". If anyone reading this blog plans to break up with anyone in the near future... please, please don't use that line. Maybe it is true, but trust me your soon to be ex doesn't want to hear it and will so mock you about it a week later. Larimer brought me flowers... how sweet is he? Seriously, Richard never brought me flowers... not that I really minded, but just an FYI to anyone out there who might want to know... girls who like sports still like flowers! I am looking at my flowers right now, they make me smile. Thanks Larimer... you definitely get today's Kudos on the blog.

So the fortune in my fortune cookie (which was so delicious... a bit chocolately I think) was very appropriate for the occasion. It read "Appreciate the caring people who surround you." Wow, given this past week, could it be more appropriate? I am doing very well since breaking up with Richard, I know it is for the best, but it has been so much easier given the wealth of caring people who surround me. So, if you are one of those caring people, please know you have no idea how much you are appreciated!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

even if it is true, "it's not you it is me" is the biggest cop out ever! at least admit what about you is wrong. aka, be a man.