Saturday, November 24, 2007

He's Baaack!

Guess what? Today I got a phone call from Nathan, a real live cell phone call, not one of those poorly connected internet calls from Down Under. He got back from Australia (via Hawaii, he sucks) on Tuesday I think, spent Turkey Day in Fairfield with the fam, and was driving home to Chicago when he called. Welcome home Nathan, I have missed you and the "Good Directions" ringer on my phone. Nik and are headed to Chicago to see Nathan and the Fighting Illini at the United Center in a couple of weeks. It was kind of weird, it was like Nathan wasn't even gone. I got him all caught up on the Richard break-up, well I actually got him caught up on the whole Richard relationship, because as Nathan pointed out we started dating just before he left for Australia and broke up about the time he got back. Kind of odd isn't it, basically Richard was my trip to Australia.

This morning I met Allison Sit for coffee at Panera. She and Abe are visiting her family for the weekend. It was so great to hang with Allison. I have really missed her since she moved to Evanston after the wedding. We got all caught up on all sorts of stuff, talking for nearly two hours. Which I just realized that during that entire conversation we never once talked about the St. Louis Cardinals... that has got to be a record for me and Allison.

Inspired by the fabulous fellowship of my friends Nathan and Allison I spent the afternoon in the yard raking up the last of the leaves, and putting up my lighted Christmas wreath and garland and lights on my outside light. Friday night I put up my small Christmas tree and a few other decorations, and boxed up a bunch to garage sale in the future... I decided less is more this year. Right now I am cozied up on the couch, ripping some of my favorite Christmas CD's to my computer. It has been a good day... today I think the kudos go to Allison and Nathan... I know I overuse this word but it fits... they are FABULOUS!

2 comments:

Abe and Allison said...

Thanks, Jano! I didn't realize that we hadn't talked baseball until you mentioned it. That proves our friendship is much deeper than sports...that's pretty cool!

nathan said...

It's nice to be back in Chicago, but I absolutely HATE the weather here now. I was completely spoiled by Australia & Hawaii. It was nice talking to you on Saturday and look forward to seeing you & Nik in a couple of weekends.