Sunday, November 18, 2007

Learning How to Bend

On Thursday I worked the Gary Allan and Keith Urban concert at the Assembly Hall. I really enjoy Gary Allan, and he played a new song from his album "Learning How to Bend" which is pretty much the most awesome song ever... it speaks to me on several levels. Keith put on a great show too, however, it was somewhat lost on me when he invited everyone to rush the floor for the last few songs of his show. To any performers out there, you so don't make friends with the arena staff when you invite the crowed to rush the floor and you don't give us the heads up.

Continuing the the "Men of Country Music" theme, Nikki and I went to Prairie Capital Convention Center in Springfield to see Jack Ingram an Dierks Bentley on Friday. That place is so small, even the bad seats are great seats. That concert was awesome... partly because it was free, but mostly because it was just awesome. Jack Ingram is just cool, and he makes me think of the former Illini basketball of the same name, who we fondly referred to as "Jackers". Dierks is pretty much fabulous. I remember I saw him just a few years ago at Canopy Club when he was an up and comer, and now he is pretty much a star. His show was so fun, and he played a bunch of my favorite songs "So Long" and "Domestic Light & Cold". He also dragged a girl up on stage and she was definitely wearing gold stripper boots with her jean skirt and "little white tank top". We definitely heard another group of girls saying "OMG, did you see those stripper boots she was wearing!?!?" when we were leaving the show.

Saturday I went to the Illini football game, and I must admit got a little misty on Senior Day. The last time I will see J Leman and Jason Reda at the Memorial Stadium... you can't help but get a little emotional. After the game I crashed and took a nice long nap, making up for two late nights in a row on Thursday and Friday.

Sunday I went to church, worked the women's basketball game at the Hall, then met Richard for a bit to eat before he left for vacation. Turns out it was our last date. Yep, we broke up and decided not to see each other any more... Dick and Jane we are no more. Without getting into details I would rather not blog about, I kind a saw it coming, the break-up is ultimately a good thing, but in the meantime it pretty much sucks in three major ways... really hard, really bad and wicked bad. On the plus side I have been reminded that my friends are ridiculously awesome... Nikki, Jenn, Jen and Jeanne have been very caring, supportive and fabulous.

So that has been my last couple of days... I will leave you with the words of Gary Allan from "Learning How to Bend".

I'm just trying to understand
It's all in someone else's hands
There's always been a bigger plan
But I don't need to understand

No comments: