Thursday, November 8, 2007

Jeremiah was a bullfrog... Nate is a friend of mine



Okay, another birthday today. Actually there are two birthdays, my little buddy Jeremiah Todd turns 1, and my buddy and now supervisor at the Hall, Nate Harmann, turns 21!
Happy Birthday Jeremiah!
J-Man as I fondly refer to him, lives in Fisher, IL with his Mom and Dad, Marla and John. The Todds are one my favorite families, and John is one of my co-workers at the Hall. I am super duper excited for Jeremiah’s birthday blog… I have never had the opportunity to blog about someone’s very first birthday. Anyway, J-Man is one of the best little babies ever. He is just so happy and mellow and relatively fuss-free. He also has some killer blue eyes too. Jeremiah is a St. Louis Cardinal fan, and an Illini fan, so what is not to love. As a matter of fact Nik and I (along with his parents) took Jeremiah to his first Cardinal game ever at Busch Stadium in May. Here is a picture of J-Man filling out his All-Star ballot.

Jeremiah has a blog too... all the cool people these days do. He hasn't quite mastered typing and spelling just yet, so his Mom Marla helps him out.
Happy Birthday Nate!

Nate is one of my co-workers at the Hall, and this season is technically my boss. He is a junior in the College of Business, and from Quincy. Like J-Man, Nate is a big Illini and Cards fan... I am sensing a trend among today's birthday boys. Nate went with us to the Cards game in April and was a dear and pushed me in my wheelchair on the way back to the car. It was an interesting ride... lets just say now I know why boys under 25 have such high car insurance rates. When we went to that game Nate told us that he and his roommates had just bought some baby ducks for their apartment... I believe my response was "Who are you guys?... Joey and Chandler... are you getting a chick too?"

Not that ducks and wheelchairs are not special, but one of my favorite Nate moments was when the Cards won the World Series last year. We had been working at the Hall that night so Nate came over to watch the end of the game with Nikki and me, since all of his college buddies are not really Cards fans. Nikki and I watching sports and getting "in to" a game is a bit of an experience, but watching us win the World Series is kind of crazy, and Nate was a trooper and just jumped right on board the crazy train. He went with us to Tumble Inn later that night to celebrate with our Cardinals buddies, and completely scored major points when he said upon walking in the door at TI, "Oh my, I am home!". I bought Nate a beer that night, completely losing the fact that he was only 19 in all of the excitement...oopps my bad. Nate is 21 today, so.... Nate, buddy... you are buying me a beer next time.

Oh, one other random thing about Nate. If any of you happen to watch The Bachelor, the current bachelor, Brad Womack... totally looks like Nate about 15 years from now.

Happy Birthday Jeremiah and Nate... I hope 1 and 21 treat you well!

1 comment:

MJ said...

Hi Jane!
Thanks for blogging about my birthday! This is great! I'm looking forward to sharing some cake with you this weekend.
Hugs,
Jeremiah