Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Happy Birthday Sarah J


November 28th is my Sarah J's birthday. Happy Birthday Sarah J!

So Sarah J, her name is Sarah Jersey. I am not exactly sure how or why the "Sarah J" started, I don't think she was one of multiple Sarah's at the Hall at the time (if she was I have completely forgotten any other possible Sarah's), but for whatever reason she is and will forever be Sarah J... I rarely refer to her has Sarah or Sarah Jersey. I often refer to her as "my" or "our" Sarah J... what is that about. I guess Sarah J is just special that way.

I met Sarah at the Hall. She was an usher supervisor at the Hall in the late 90's, early 00's.. the super student supervisors years when I managed to find all sorts of co-workers that have since become some of my dearest and closest friends. Sarah J is a research civil engineer for the Army Corps of Engineers in Vicksburg, Mississippi. She grew up north of Chicago, so she is a Yankee by birth, but is very much becoming a Southerner. Sarah J spent this past school year in C-U starting work on her PhD at University of Illinois. It was great to have her so close by this past year, and I REALLY miss having her close by. She so got me saying "Y'all" and I really miss that.

Sarah is just way awesome. She is a engineer, and actually specializes in airfields and pavements... the farm girl in me appreciates a girl who can embrace dirt. I also love that Sarah J is a woman of both science and faith, and seamlessly seems to marry the two. Sarah J is smart and funny, and loves her Illini. She plans to met us in STL for the Illini vs. Mizzou basketball game next month. How can you not embrace someone who drives, what 6+ hours for Illini basketball. She did it two years ago as well... last year she was her in C-U so it was only the 3 hours. Sarah J is also an awesome cook, and we exchange recipes. She gave me the trick of using plain yogurt (well drained of course) to make spinach dip... so much healthier than mayo and sour cream and it really does taste just as good. She also gave me the recipe for the sausage, tomatoes and cream cheese dip... my brother nearly made himself sick last Christmas he ate so much.

One of my favorite Sarah J stories is going with her to look at a puppy last fall. Of course Sarah brought that puppy home and she grew up to be the infamous Daisy Dogg. Daisy has a new sister, Madison who I have yet to meet. Both Daisy and Madison were rescued, I love that Sarah J has a heart for those that need a home. So I could write a book about Sarah J, but I need my beauty rest.

Happy Birthday Sarah J!

Editors Note: So this post will hit the blog about 90 minutes before Sarah J's actually birthday, but I decided she is definitely worthy of celebrating and extra 90 minutes!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

THanks Jano! You make me wan tto cry with all of the nice things you said about me.

Thats an extra 90 minutes of attention - and i'll take that any day!!