Monday, June 4, 2007

Cupcakes??


So this is kind of funny. I was telling my cousin Mark about how I wanted to blog about my upcoming trip to San Fran, but discovered our hotel does not have free internet... major bummer, and flaw in my usually stellar trip planning skills. So I got on-line to check out free wireless spots near our hotel, and found a few... Golden Gate Perk and Citizen Cupcake, to name a few. Being a fan of sweets I said I was intrigued to try Citizen Cupcake. Well by this point my cousin, Martin, and my brother, Phil has joined the conversation and they are all doing the wink-wink, nudge-nugdge thing... "Citizen CUPCAKE... this is San Francisco are you sure you want to go there?" This connection never even crossed my mind, maybe because I am a girl, perhaps it is because I was 100% focused on the actual cupcakes, maybe the boys are still working through some homophobic issues. Regardless we all had a good laugh, and now I HAVE to go to Citizen Cupcake and report... bakery or gay strip club?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane, who will just HAVE to let me know!

Jean Todd

Sarah said...

Just so you know, the Tenderloin District - not like the Citizen Cupcake Bakery... It is very San Francisco...

Anonymous said...

I've been to the Citizen Cupcake location (with Geordie) prior to it being CC---but I'll keep the details a secret to keep you guessing.

JG

Anonymous said...

Hi Jano,

This is Pride, remember me?

Go Cubs